by Mike Green
The U.S. media industry has been experiencing major disruption. Learn how the media landscape is evolving and why an entrepreneurial mindset and intrapreneurial skills are in demand.
- Learn how the evolution of the U.S. economy has impacted the journalism industry.
- Understand what is meant by the “innovation economy” and how media are affected by it.
- Differentiate between “intrapreneurs” and “entrepreneurs” and discover which you might be.
- Grasp the entrepreneurial ecosystem and why journalists need to understand it.
- Learn about some of the personal attributes–such as resilience–that are essential to innovation.
Inside this Chapter
- Developing the Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Digital Media on the Rise, Mark J. Scarp
- Deadlines or Depth? The Model of “Slow News” Startups, Melanie Faizer
- The Uncertain Future of Media’s Unicorns, Melanie Faizer
- From the Field: Taking Risks and Building Resilience on the Path to Innovation, by Dana Coester
- From the Field: Q&A With a Young Innovator, by Dana Coester
- What’s an Intrapreneur? And How Do I Become One? Interview with Ebony Reed
Mike Green is a New York Times Leadership Academy Fellow and award-winning journalist with 20 years’ experience. He is co-founder of ScaleUp Partners, a national consultancy specializing in economic inclusion and competitiveness strategies, plans, and policy. Reach him on Twitter at @amikegreen2.