Book Contents Navigation
About This Book
1. The Web We Need to Give Students
2. A Personal Cyberinfrastructure
3. Do I Own My Domain if You Grade it?
4. Tech and IDS: An IDS Student Reflects on Three Readings
5. IDS Realizes $h!t Happens!: A Student Reflects on their IDS Experience
6. Why Openness in Education?
David Wiley, Cable Green
7. Open Pedagogy
Robin DeRosa & Rajiv Jhangiani
8. How Public? Why Public?
9. What an Open Pedagogy Class Taught Me About Myself
10. Assumptions and Challenges of Open Scholarship
George Veletsianos, Royce Kimmons
11. Excerpts from "Connected Learning: A Context for Interdisciplinarity"
Mizuko Ito, Kris Gutiérrez, Sonia Livingstone, Bill Penuel, Jean Rhodes, Katie Salen, Juliet Schor, Julian Sefton-Green, S. Craig Watkins
12. How to Find and Build a Scholarly Community
Eugene Mazo, with Ronald Wright
13. A student reflects on Twitter and her academic experience: A Student's PLN
14. Take A Day for Yourself: A Student's PLN
15. The FDA, Marketing, & Nutritional Deficiencies: A Student's PLN
16. The Humanitarian Gift: A student's PLN
17. Empathy: A student's PLN
18. Colleges Should Reconstruct the Unity of Knowledge
19. The BIG Terms
20. FRUIT: A Metaphor for Understanding Interdisciplinarity
21. Concepts for DOING Interdisciplinarity
22. Content, Methods, Epistemologies
23. Ten Cheers for Interdisciplinarity
24. A Student Synopsis of "Ten Cheers for Interdisciplinarity"
25. The History of the Academy and the Disciplines
Christine McElreavy (Editor), Victoria Tobin, Taylor Martin, Mickayla Bea Damon, Nicole Crate, Andrew Godinez, Kayleigh Bennett
26. Where We Begin
27. Disciplines as Social Communities
28. The Benefits and Challenges of Interdisciplinarity
29. How do we DO interdisciplinarity?
30. Concrete Challenges of Doing Interdisciplinary Work
31. The World as We Know It, Has Changed
32. Rachelle Lyons: Environmental Science
33. Ann McClellan: English
34. Laura Tilghman: Anthropology
35. Creating a Program in Women's Health
36. Creating a Program in Global Health
37. Creating a Program in Expressive Arts
38. Coursework: An Example of Integration
39. Standing Alone
40. The Research Process
41. Sample Prospectuses for Research Article & Applied Project (Sustainability Theme)
42. Sample Prospectuses for Research Article & Applied Project (Sex Ed Theme)
43. Sample Capstone Articles and Projects
44. The Interdisciplinarity of Flight
45. Interdisciplinary Studies of Childhood Ethics
Interdisciplinary Studies: A Connected Learning Approach by Robin DeRosa is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.