Interdisciplinary Studies: A Connected Learning Approach
This open textbook is designed for and by undergraduate Interdisciplinary Studies students, with a special concentration on rethinking interdisciplinary education in a digital age.
I. Architectures for Learning
II. Open Pedagogy and Connected Learning
- 5. Why Openness in Education?
- 6. Open Pedagogy
- 7. What an Open Pedagogy Class Taught Me About Myself
- 8. Assumptions and Challenges of Open Scholarship
- 9. Excerpts from "Connected Learning: A Context for Interdisciplinarity"
- 10. How to Find and Build a Scholarly Community
- 11. A student reflects on Twitter and her academic experience: A Student's PLN
- 12. Take A Day for Yourself: A Student's PLN
- 13. The FDA, Marketing, & Nutritional Deficiencies: A Student's PLN
- 14. The Humanitarian Gift: A student's PLN
- 15. Empathy: A student's PLN
III. Terms & Concepts
- 16. Colleges Should Reconstruct the Unity of Knowledge
- 17. The BIG Terms
- 18. FRUIT: A Metaphor for Understanding Interdisciplinarity
- 19. Concepts for DOING Interdisciplinarity
- 20. Content, Methods, Epistemologies
- 21. Ten Cheers for Interdisciplinarity
- 22. A Student Synopsis of "Ten Cheers for Interdisciplinarity"
IV. Disciplinarity and Interdisciplinarity
V. Academics on Interdisciplinarity: Professors Talk with Students
VI. Creating an Interdisciplinary Studies Major
VII. Interdisciplinary Research
VIII. Interdisciplinarity: Scholarship & Application
Interdisciplinary Studies: A Connected Learning Approach by Robin DeRosa is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.