About This Book
I. Architectures for Learning
1. The Web We Need to Give Students
2. A Personal Cyberinfrastructure
3. Do I Own My Domain if You Grade it?
4. Tech and IDS: An IDS Student Reflects on Three Readings
5. IDS Realizes $h!t Happens!: A Student Reflects on their IDS Experience
II. Open Pedagogy and Connected Learning
6. Why Openness in Education?
7. Open Pedagogy
8. How Public? Why Public?
9. What an Open Pedagogy Class Taught Me About Myself
10. Assumptions and Challenges of Open Scholarship
11. Excerpts from "Connected Learning: A Context for Interdisciplinarity"
12. How to Find and Build a Scholarly Community
13. A student reflects on Twitter and her academic experience: A Student's PLN
14. Take A Day for Yourself: A Student's PLN
15. The FDA, Marketing, & Nutritional Deficiencies: A Student's PLN
16. The Humanitarian Gift: A student's PLN
17. Empathy: A student's PLN
III. Terms & Concepts
18. Colleges Should Reconstruct the Unity of Knowledge
19. The BIG Terms
20. FRUIT: A Metaphor for Understanding Interdisciplinarity
21. Concepts for DOING Interdisciplinarity
22. Content, Methods, Epistemologies
23. Ten Cheers for Interdisciplinarity
24. A Student Synopsis of "Ten Cheers for Interdisciplinarity"
IV. Disciplinarity and Interdisciplinarity
25. The History of the Academy and the Disciplines
26. Where We Begin
27. Disciplines as Social Communities
28. The Benefits and Challenges of Interdisciplinarity
29. How do we DO interdisciplinarity?
30. Concrete Challenges of Doing Interdisciplinary Work
31. The World as We Know It, Has Changed
V. Academics on Interdisciplinarity: Professors Talk with Students
32. Rachelle Lyons: Environmental Science
33. Ann McClellan: English
34. Laura Tilghman: Anthropology
VI. Creating an Interdisciplinary Studies Major
35. Creating a Program in Women's Health
36. Creating a Program in Global Health
37. Creating a Program in Expressive Arts
38. Coursework: An Example of Integration
39. Standing Alone
VII. Interdisciplinary Research
40. The Research Process
41. Sample Prospectuses for Research Article & Applied Project (Sustainability Theme)
42. Sample Prospectuses for Research Article & Applied Project (Sex Ed Theme)
43. Sample Capstone Articles and Projects
VIII. Interdisciplinarity: Scholarship & Application
44. The Interdisciplinarity of Flight
45. Interdisciplinary Studies of Childhood Ethics
The Research Process by Robin DeRosa is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.