Want to create or adapt books like this? Learn more about how Pressbooks supports open publishing practices.
Book Contents Navigation
What is an Open Textbook?
How to Access and Use the Books
Introduction to the Series
Introduction to the Book
1. What is Aesthetics?
2. What is a Work of Art?
Richard Hudson-Miles and Andrew Broadey
3. What is the Connection between Artworks and Emotions?
4. What is the Connection Between Art and Morality?
5. What Makes an Artwork Beautiful?
6. What Makes Nature Beautiful?
7. The Significance of Environmental Aesthetics
8. Aesthetics and Politics
Ruth Sonderegger and Ines Kleesattel
9. Engaging with Indigenous Art Aesthetically
Elizabeth Burns Coleman
10. Aesthetic Education, Neglect and Culture Today
11. Ancient Aesthetics
About the Contributors
Feedback and Suggestions
Licensing and Attribution Information
If you have any feedback or suggestions for the book, please use the form below.
Introduction to Philosophy: Aesthetic Theory and Practice by Yuriko Saito; Ruth Sonderegger; Ines Kleesattel; Elizabeth Burns Coleman; Elizabeth Scarbrough; Matteo Ravasio; Xiao Ouyang; Richard Hudson-Miles; Andrew Broadey; Pierre Fasula; Alexander Westenberg; Matthew Sharpe; Valery Vino (Book Editor); and Christina Hendricks (Series Editor) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.