Unit 6: Test-Taking Strategies
After you have completed this unit you should be able to:
- Describe strategies to help you before you take tests
- Describe strategies to help you during the test
- Describe strategies to help you after the test
- Explain the basic test items (objective, short answer, essay)
- Discuss common “educated guessing/selecting” strategies in the event you just cannot remember the answer to a given test item despite all of your good efforts at organizing your time, materials, and study blocks.
- Explain the importance of proper preparation for tests
- Discuss the importance of having the discipline to prepare
- Explain how to give yourself the best opportunity to execute well on a test
- Describe why studying and preparing over a longer period of time is much more beneficial and healthier than cramming for a test
Licenses and Attributions:
CC licensed content, previously shared:
Nissila, Phyllis. How to Learn Like a Pro! Open Oregon Educational Resources, 2016. Located at: https://openoregon.pressbooks.pub/collegereading/part/unit-6-analyzing-arguments-propaganda/ CC-BY Attribution.