After you have completed this unit you should be able to:
- Explain how to take notes during lectures
- Describe how to take notes from textbooks and other materials
- Explain verbal, non-verbal, and print clues to help you take focused notes
- Identify Cornell-style notes
- Identify and compare other note-taking formats
- Discuss the importance and value of taking notes
- Explain Ebbinghaus’ forgetting curve and the rate of forgetting
- Describe basic strategies for taking lecture notes
- Discuss the importance of reviewing notes
License and Attributions
Content previously copyrighted, published in Blueprint for Success in College: Indispensable Study Skills and Time Management Strategies (by Dave Dillon), now licensed as CC BY Attribution.
CC licensed content, previously shared:
Nissila, Phyllis. How to Learn Like a Pro! Open Oregon Educational Resources, 2016. Located at: https://openoregon.pressbooks.pub/collegereading/part/unit-4-inference/ CC-BY Attribution.