This guide was written and compiled by Melissa Falldin and Karen Lauritsen.
Melissa is an instructional designer in Digital Education and Innovation at the College of Education and Human Development, University of Minnesota. She has an M.S. in Instructional Design and Technology from the University of North Dakota.
Karen is the director of publishing and collections for the Open Textbook Network at the College of Education and Human Development, University of Minnesota. She has an M.A. in Education from UC Berkeley.
Throughout this guide you will find wisdom, recommendations and research from experienced open textbook authors, project managers and librarians:
- Karen Bjork, Head of Digital Initiatives, Portland State University Library.
- Caitie Finlayson, Assistant Professor, Department of Geography, University of Mary Washington.
- Dianna Fisher, Director of Open Oregon State.
- Linda Frederiksen, Head of Access Services, Washington State University, Vancouver.
- Ralph Morelli, Professor, Computer Science, Emeritus, Trinity College.
- Shane Nackerud, Technology Lead, Library Initiatives, University of Minnesota Libraries.
- Deb Quentel, Director of Curriculum Development & Associate Counsel, Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction (CALI).
- Cody Taylor, Emerging Technologies Librarian, University of Oklahoma Libraries.
- Anita R. Walz, Open Education, Copyright & Scholarly Communications Librarian, Virginia Tech.
We are thankful for their contributions.